Re: [squid-users] Squid authentication

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:53:20 +0100

Lic. Noel Alvarez Peron schrieb:

>Hi:
>
>I am a new user with squid. My question is: Can I authenticate users
>with a transparent proxy? Can I authenticate only some kind of users or IPs?

a) No, you can't as the browser thinks he ist talking to the original
server - sou you cannot convince him to authenticate against a
non-existing proxy.
b) in a non-transparent setup, yes, by forming groups in ACLs and
basing authentication on them.
Note : the order of allow/deny statements is significant.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes