Re: [squid-users] Timeout reaching www.ampq.com

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:24:47 +0100

> I tried dropping the MTU and it's not better. I also tried 2.6-stable 5.
>
> What is curious is that, from my workstation, bypassing the proxy, the
> www.ampq.com site loads correctly.

  And how does it behave from your squidbox directly ; i.e. :
  If you have wget , try :

  squidbox % wget http://www.ampq.com/

            Compare with :

  squidbox-csh % setenv http_proxy://localhost:squid_port_squid_listens_on/
  squidbox-csh % wget http://www.ampq.com/

 If the first example is not working, then the problem is not SQUID related,
 but your box can not connect to that host for some reason.

 Take into account, possible firewall restrictions, and , for instance, what
 if the remote host would like to block your squid box , for whatever
 reason ... ?

 M.