Re: [squid-users] Slow internet access performance

From: nonama <sotongtaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 17:36:40 -0800 (PST)

Dear All, At last we seems to know where the bottle neck is. It seems that the IWSS did not have enough child process to handle requests from SQUID. After upgrading the IWSS version with more child process, the internet access performance seems better....but we are still monitoring... Just wanna share info with you guys..Anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestion.. ----- Original Message ---- From: nonama <sotongtaz@yahoo.com> To: SQUID group <squid-users@squid-cache.org> Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 12:47:08 PM Subject: [squid-users] Slow internet access performance HI, Just want to find out , whether anyone out there has SQUID proxy and Trend Micro's Interscan WEb security Suite (http antivirus gateway) configured in your internet infrastructure. To enable any traffic that requires to go out to the net, I have put this setting at the squid.conf. Cache_peer 192.168.5.6 parent 8080 0 no_query default Never_direct allow all where 192.168.5.6 is the http antivirus server. it is supposed to perform scanning for any incoming http traffic. My problem of slow performance started after putting abt 500 users into SQUID. Just want to find out whether the above setting of cache_peer, will force all connection from SQUID to the http antivirus, no matter whether the data requested has been cached at SQUID or not. If it is true, how do I change the setting to minimise connection to the http antivirus? The infra is like this User's PC --> SQUID Proxy--> IWSS--> Internet. Please help...Thank you. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com