[squid-users] Need help with iptables

From: John Oliver <joliver@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:41:40 -0800

I have a network that's behind an old Linux box running iptables. That
machine is inside of another NATed network behind a PIX. I have Squid
up and running, and I'd like to transparently redirect all outgoing HTTP
traffic through the Squid box. At the moment, it's inside the Linux box
with all of the machines we want to force through Squid.

I've been Googling and testing and trying and massaging, but nothing is
working. Every example I find about how to do this is different. Most
are assuming that Squid is running on the same box as iptables, which is
*not* the case for me.

What's the correct rule to use?