[squid-users] Squid blocking mime types

From: Carlos Eduardo Gomes Marins <carlos.suporte.deinf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:15:29 -0200

Hi all,

I implemented in the beginning of this year blocking download of
applications (.exe, .msi, etc.) through mime-types using the
rep_mime_type directive.
I was aware that some false postitives could occur and in fact they
happen. The problem is that the number of false positives has increased
since then (I think some, maybe many, web site admins do not configure
properly the mime types of files in their sites) and I'm having a huge
demand regarding blocking of non-applications files (.doc, .zip, .pdf,
etc.).
Due to the increase of administrative efforts I'm considering blocking
download of apps only by extension even knowing it's easy to bypass.
Does anyone have the same kind of situation?
Any ohter way to implement blocking of mime-type? For now I'm not
considering to buy a third-part app to do the job.
Does Dansguardian block mime-type?
Thnaks in advance,

Carlos Eduardo.