Re: [squid-users] Squid blocking svn, login sites like banks.

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:17:15 +0100

On 11/10/06, Hung Ng <hungng_isme@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all. When Squid is active, certain sites are not
> accessable by browsers such as Citibank and SVN
> repositories.

  Which errors are seen in the browser ?
  What's in squid's access log for these particular requests ?

>Anyone know what settings we can use to
> allow people to access these sites. And also would
> information to these sites be cached? We don't want to
> cache a users banking info.

Banking sites will ususally use ssl based connections (https) ,
which is encrypted traffic between the browser and the remote webserver.
It can't be cached by SQUID. Squid merely acts as connector, then just
'relaying' network connections.

M.