Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy HTTPS to HTTP, with 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:23:36 +0100

lör 2006-11-11 klockan 10:02 +0100 skrev Joel CARNAT:

> Now, I expect your answer to be "you can't do it the proper way".
> Can you explain what is wrong in my conf dispite the fact that it works.

Squid act as a web server on accelerator mode ports. This has impacts on

a) Persistent connections

b) Authentication

c) Request forwarding

> OK. In this case, can both instances share the same disk cache (and
> memory cache) ?

No, they would be completely separate.

The only cache you would need on the reverse proxy instance is to reduce
the load on your web servers, if they are terribly slow or in a messy
slow internal network..