[squid-users] Authentification of Windows ADS Users

From: Roland Schmid <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:03:20 +0100

Hi,

we are using the windows version of squid (squid-2.6.STABLE5-NT-bin)and we
want to control the access to the internet over the Users who are members in
Active Directory (Windows 2000 Domain Controller)

This works with the squid_ldap_auth.exe module of squid.
In the Howto of squid is given one example how to identificate the users of
Windows ADS.
Example:
auth_param basic program c:/squid/sbin/squid_ldap_auth -P -R -b
" DC=ads,DC=local" -D "CN=Squid,CN=Users,DC=ads,DC,local" -w secret -f"
(&(objectClass=Person)(userPrincipalName=%s))"
192.168.1.1:3268
auth_param basic children 6
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

My question is, do I have to add each user of ADS to squid.conf?
How do I for example deny or allow access to internet of special users of
The credentialsttl of 2 hours means the user has to reindentificate after 2
hours?

Thanks for answers.

Regards
Roland