[squid-users] High bandwidth usage

From: Vishalan Moodley <Vishalan.Moodley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:01:01 +0200

Hi

We have a configuration which runs Squid 2.5 Stables-42.13 on Suse
Linux enterprise server 9 using the default squid configuration as pass
through proxy. This config allows multiple users access to the internet
via a single public IP.

The problem is that when Squid is started the internet access gets very
slow or not accessible at all from the server or workstations but when
you stop Squid you can browse the internet fine via the server.

Are there any known issues ...

I then tried Suse Linux enterprise server 10 (Squid 2.5
Stables-12.18.2) and have the same problem ...

Thanks