[squid-users] Transparent proxy

From: Isak Badenhorst <isak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:53:43 +0200

Hi

I have installed squid-2.6.STABLE5. When changing the browser of the client
to use a proxy server my squid works but when I make the change to use it as
a transparent proxy I get the error FATAL: Received Segment
Violation...dying. and cannot get to any web pages.

I use Slackware 11 with kernel 2.4.33.3

My squid.conf have the following

http_port 3128 transparent

and I have the following to intercept requests to port 80

/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

I did configure Squid with --enable-linux-netfilter

Any ideas where I go wrong?

Thanks

Isak