Re: [squid-users] Flush DNS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:47:44 +0100

tor 2006-11-16 klockan 12:21 -0500 skrev jwzappa@reading.lib.pa.us:

> I have recently changed public IP address and my squid machine is still
> resolving our website with the old IP address. Is there way to clear
> this cache?

The IP is cached at the following locations:

The ipcache in Squid. Cleared by PURGE.

The resolver/nameserver Squid is configured to use in /etc/resolv.conf
(or squid.conf).

Both expire after the TTL set in the zone.

As already explained the PURGE method can be used to remove the ipcache
entry from Squid. But to be effective you first need to clear the entry
from the resolver/nameserver used by Squid.