[squid-users] Can my reverse proxy be abuse?

From: Addady <addady@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:46:26 +0200

Hello,

I'm afraid that the setting I'm plan can be abuse.
I look in the FAQ and search this malling list archive, but didn't find any clear answer.

Im using Squid 2.5 (RHAS) as a reverse proxy for several servers by setting:
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_single_host off

I can't use private DNS for host to IP translating, so I'm using
hosts_file file.

I notice the if I try to access some hosts that is not in the
hosts_file, squid use the public DNS to find the IP, and let me access it.

How can I prevent abusing my squid server be limit the reverse proxy service only to the ip's in hosts_file?

Regards,
Addady