Re: [squid-users] Transparent caching : using non default http port

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:30:58 -0900

Mohan wrote:
> I am using squid 2.6 and I
> need to setup transparent caching for a webserver running on a port
> other than 80. We have a webserver running on port 2000 . I have spent
> quite a number of hours trying to figure out in changing this default
> setting. Is there a way to change this ?

First off, are you really trying to do interception proxy
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy, often mistaken
for transparent proxy), or are you attempting acceleration
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy)?

The first would likely require changes to your firewall rules. The
latter would require changes to how Squid is set up. Hopefully your
questions will be answered in the links provided.

Chris