Re: [squid-users] Transparent caching : using non default http port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:28:55 +0100

lör 2006-11-18 klockan 22:22 +0100 skrev Andrew Miehs:
> I do not understand why one wouldn't use
>
> acl accelerated_list dst 1.2.3.4
>
> Shouldnt this only allow squid ONLY to try to connect to here, just
> in case
> someone makes a mess of the cache_peer lines?

http_access is on the request as such, not the cache_peer. dst matches a
DNS lookup of the requested host.

There is no acl matching the IP of the cache_peer. Partly because which
peer the request will be sent to is not yet known by the time
http_access is evaluated. Peer selection takes place when it is
determined the request is a cache miss.