Re: [squid-users] authenticate request every page problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:13:21 +0100

lör 2006-11-18 klockan 14:30 -0700 skrev otrcomm:

> NoCat keeps up with sessions based upon ip addresses and mac addresses, but it also has the ability to request authentication.
>
> I can setup NoCat to operate in "captive" mode where the users are required to authenticate, and I could take Squid out of
> authentication mode and pass the username to Squid in the header from NoCat (after some recoding), but would that do any good?

Can be done. Or you could make Squid query NoCat.

In both cases you need an external acl helper returning the correct
username to Squid. See the external_acl_type directive.

If using the header approach then the username is actually given by
Squid to the helper, but Squid does not yet know it's a username until
the helper says so.. And you also need a header_access directive to stop
the custom header from being forwarded out..