[squid-users] auth_param overrides http_access order

From: Daniel Appleby <dappleby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:54:48 +1100

Hi Squid Users,

I have a strange issue with auth_param. Basically what happends is if
the proxy prompts me for auth and i click cancel it give me access
denied when it shouldn't. For example:

(the external program is defined in proxy_auth)

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl needsignon_acl url_regex -i "/etc/squid/websitelist.conf"

http_access allow password needsignon_acl
http_access allow all

The above should still allow access even if the password acl returns
false. But what happens is if I click cancel on the authentication
window (i am using basic), i get an access denied page when it should
just fail the first http_access rule. The url_regx just has a list of
sites. This example was just to demonstrate the issue.

My version is: squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.12.1 (redhat release)

Is there an option you cant set so that if auth fails you still can
continue? All other acls do it just not auth_param

--
Daniel