[squid-users] How can I build a transparent proxy using Squid-2.6.STABLE6 on Solaris 10

From: Charming Persona <charming_persona@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:27:51 +0000

Dear all,

I have successfully installed and configured squid-2.6.STABLE6 on Solaris10,
everything is working fine but i was unable to made my proxy transparent.
when i put proxy address in IE then its work fine but after even created
route-map policy in my router unable to made the proxy transparent.

Ip filter is already installed.

ipf: IP Filter: v4.0.3 (592)
Kernel: IP Filter: v4.0.3
Running: yes
Log Flags: 0 = none set
Default: pass all, Logging: available
Active list: 1

but I am confused how to use this ipf filter for transparent proxy, I think
there must be something related to ipf.conf file but unable to understand
how to do it,

Any one have an idea how can I build a transparent proxy using Squid on
Solaris 10?

Your earlier and prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Sameer