Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.6 + WCCPv2 + Linux 2.6 + cisco -- solved.

From: Chad Harrelson <coinflasher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:50:48 -0500

Up until Firday I was having a similar problem. After putting a
redirect list on the router I started seeing traffic in my tcpdump.
However I was not able to surf and the tcpdump showed errors (ICMP
protocol 47 port xxxxx unreachable). I switched from WCCP ver2 to
ver1 (changing router configs and replacing wccp2_router with
wccp_router in squid.conf) and everything works now. I would love to
get ver.2 running. Any thoughts?

PS: Currently running Fedora Core 6, 2.6.x kernel and Squid-2.6
(Eventually this has to work on a RHEL 3 or 4 box as this is for DoD
and Fedora Core is not approved for deployment)

Thanks,

-- Chad Harrelson