[squid-users] how to configure squid with a non-squid parent proxy?

From: <bjcvelasco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:43:06 +0800

This email contains confidential information for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender, delete this email and maintain the confidentiality of what you
may have read.

We have recently bought a proxy hardware (lets call it PROXY A), and we
would like to configure it as the parent proxy for our old Squid (Squid2.4)
proxy.
I 'inherited' this Squid proxy from an administrator who have just left.

Now we intend to configure Squid as proxy for internet kiosks where only
selected staff can access HTTP and HTTPS sites. But now I have disabled
authentication on PROXY A and allowed all protocols for testing purposes. I
have configured the Squid proxy to point to PROXY A as its parent proxy.
The kiosks were able to authenticate with Squid but still unable to browse
the internet.

I am quiet new to Squid, would anyone kindly give some insights as to what
additional changes that needs to be done, or maybe some lines to check if I
misconfigured Squid?