Re: [squid-users] Mem cache mostly?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:49:59 +0100

tis 2006-11-21 klockan 14:31 +0100 skrev Bruno POMMEREL:

> I have configured Squid 2.6 as a reverse proxy for a couple of web
> sites. The content of these site will not exceed 100 MB. This is the
> size of mem cache I have set in squid.conf and yet I see tcp_hit (not
> all hits are tcp_mem_hit). Is this expected, and isn't there a way to
> have squid use mem first?

You can run Squid with memory cache only if you like. Just configure it
using the "nulL" cache_dir type.

You may need to increase the maximum_object_size_in_memory directive
somewhat. Default is rather conservative.. (8 KB).

Note: Only objects retrieved from the network ends up in the memory
cache. Once the object is on disk only it will stay there.