Re: [squid-users] squid with FreeBSD 6.0 tuning

From: Manoj Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:10:07 +0545 (NPT)

yes but for us, latency is also an important factor. increasing max object
size means more cache storage space is being consumed by bigger objects,
which might get hits less too often. we have object hit ratio at around
50% and our byte hit with current setting is around 33%. with larger
objects in cache, byte hit could probably be raised to above 40%, can't
it? but the request hit drops too i suppose. its a tradeoff.