Re: [squid-users] squid with FreeBSD 6.0 tuning

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:34:13 +0100

tis 2006-11-28 klockan 13:14 +0100 skrev Wojciech Puchar:

> and works with 2.5STABLE4. redirection is done with gateway machine
> running linux.
>
> tried 2.6.5 from FreeBSD ports, removed all httpd_* lines and changed last

transparent mode operation only works when Squid is running on the same
host as where you NAT the traffic.

Redirection using external NAT is broken by design and won't work
proper. You can still do it, but only as an accelerator setup for all
sites in the whole Internet..

  http_port 3128 vhost
  always_direct allow all

But I would recomment you to change the router to do policy routing
rather than NAT, and have normal interception done on the proxy server.