Re: [squid-users] icmpSend: send: (96) Destination address required

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:43:16 +0100

ons 2006-11-29 klockan 14:30 +0545 skrev Tek Bahadur Limbu:

> If your server is not a production server, then I think the only way to
> remove the icmpSend messages in your logs is by uninstalling and
> reinstalling without the --enable-icmp option.

Seems to be the case indeed.

There should be a directive to disable the netdb pings from squid.conf,
but there is none.. If Squid is compiled with icmp support it will
unconditionally ping the destinations.

If someone feels like digging into the Squid code this is an excellent
beginner task to add a "net_db on/off" directive.