[squid-users] help for Helpers

From: Alan Araujo <alantazz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:58:15 -0200

Hi,

I´ve getting trouble with Squid 2.6 in my company. The directors are
cosidering to change it for a Blue Coat proxy. All the 60 NTLM Helpers
are constantly in RESERVED or DEFERRED state.

We are using ADS with security option,

auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 100
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 20 minutes
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate on
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
#auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --debug-level=10
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic --nt-response

auth_param basic children 0
auth_param basic realm Informe a senha de rede para acesso a Internet
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

I think that problem is related with Basic authentication becouse when
I set it off the "hang on" stoped.

I hoped that Squid open source could solve our problems but
unfortunately I never got support on the lists and the community. So
I´m afraid that Free Software are gone away in my company.