[squid-users] Squid-2.6 WCCPv2 support improvements

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:57:48 +0800

Hiya,

Just a heads-up; Henrik fixed the issue with Linux servers being unable to join
a service group with more than one router defined.

I've verified that the latest squid-2.6 snapshot will happily join a service
group with a pair of Cisco routers (7204 running 12.3(16) and 2651 running 12.4(2)T1.)

I'm also in the process of improving our WCCPv2 support in various ways thanks
to a handful of people (The Measurement Factory and iiNet, among others) who have
donated/loaned me enough equipment to have a small interception caching lab here.
I'm in the process of comparing the Squid-2.6 WCCPv2 implementation against
one of the later CE590/ACNS caches to see what we could do "better".

Let us know if it works or doesn't work for you.

Adrian

--
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - Hosting and Commercial Squid Support -