Re: [squid-users] FTP Reverse Proxy

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:29:13 +0800

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006, Paolo Biancolli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a machine in a DMZ that I would like to have act as an FTP
> reverse proxy to multiple internal ftp servers. I have been unable to do
> this using squid and I cannot move the ftp servers into the DMZ.

Squid currently doesn't act as an FTP proxy; it acts as a HTTP gateway
into an FTP server.

Its possible to write an FTP protocol module for Squid (as the server-side
is definitely already all there) so you can benefit from the rest of
Squid caching and access control but its not currently in squid-2.6
or squid-3.

Adrian

--
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - Hosting and Commercial Squid Support -