[squid-users] Help with kids squid proxy

From: King, John \(Greg\) \(LMIT-HOU\) <Greg.King@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:35:21 -0600

I used some spare parts and installed ipcop on a pc to act as my kids
connection to the world. Squid 2.5stable14 is packaged with ipcop and I
set it up as a transparent proxy and then blocked everything but
outbound 80/443 and then restricted the web-traffic to a whitelist of
sites we will let them go to.

Our school system is providing access to a tool called netTrekker which
is like a google'fied whitelist. The problem is that Nettrekker is not a
proxy. It provides links back when searching for various research data.

I would like to be able to create a rule that allows my kids to trust
pages from the netTrekker.com service without needing to whitelist their
entire directory.

The only way I can think of doing this is an acl that would check the
referer and if it is from netTrekker.com allow the actual link that was
refered.

I checked the squid book, the wiki and some google searches on "squid
acl referer" but only found data on the referer logs and

acl
    New acl types
        * referer_regex (match Referer headers),

But no examples to see how to set this up. Anyone have some examples?

Thanks

Greg