Re: [squid-users] squid 2.6 and wccp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:56:12 +0100

tis 2006-12-05 klockan 14:21 +0100 skrev Giuseppe Tricarico:
> Hi all
> I'm new to squid,
>
> I configured a setup with wccp router and squid in transparent proxy mode.
>
> The redirection seems to not work for the tunnel interface, in fact if I
> send a request on the ethernet port the proxy answers, when the request
> come from the wccp router (on the tunne gre) there is no answer.
> Th gre tunnel is correctly configured, the ip_forwarding is turned on

Are your sure the gre tunnel is really configured correctly?

1. Check with tcpdump that you see the decapsulated packets leaving the
gre interface. Maybe you forgot to disable rp_filter, or your gre kernel
does not support WCCP.

2. Verify that your interception rules is set properly to intercept the
traffic arriving on the gre interface.