[squid-users] Squid - cache_peer configuration for satellite downlink (only) access

From: Nataniel Klug <nata@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 07:39:45 -0200

Hello,

I have a linux box that is running squid very well but now I have to
make this cache works with another cache in a configuration as
cache_peer. The problem is that the other cache is a satellite
connection that only accepts download. All my upload is going through a
full telecom backbone but I want to have my download (http only) comming
from this cache. I have this info about the other cache:

HTTP/FTP
193.251.135.101:8080
SOCKS
193.251.135.101:1080

I have tryed to make the cache_peer configuration like this:

cache_peer 193.251.135.101 multicast 8080 8080

I changed all the configurations like multicast to parent and sibling,
disable the ICP port, put a "default" and "proxy-only" option in the end
of the line but nothing works.

This connection is an OpenSky (www.opensky.com) and I need that my web
incoming data come from the satellite acces. Can someone help me?

Att,

Nataniel Klug .'.
Cyber Nett - Brazil