[squid-users] Secure communication between browser and squid (but no plaintext)

From: <kemiche.carceller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:10:01 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a squid proxy with a secure LDAP authentication (secure
communication between browser (firefox) and squid also).
My LDAP server stores passwords in MD5 scheme for the moment, an will store
passwords in sha1 scheme in a few weeks.
I'm using squid 2.6 STABLE 5-1 and openldap 2.3.27-4 on Fedora core 6.

I tried to use the digest_ldap_auth helper, but i understood that it was working
only with plaintext passwords stored in LDAP server. I saw that it was possible
to use digest_ldap_auth with HHA1 LDAP password.

Is there any solution to use digest_ldap_auth with MD5 or SHA1 ldap password, or
is there any other solution to secure communications between browser and squid
(no plaintext passwords ?)

Thanks a lot

Regards

M. KEMICHE