Re: [squid-users] LDAP authentication?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:27:25 +0100

tor 2006-12-07 klockan 07:18 -0500 skrev Jaime:

> Yes. I already set up SquirrelMail's address book to search the
> directory and this did not require any username/password pair.

Then apply the same knowledge to ldapsearch to explore the structure of
your LDAP directory.. Configuring squid_ldap_auth gets a whole lot
easier when one has a basic understanding of the LDAP tree in question
such as what the DNs look like, what attributes user objects carry, and
which of those attributes is suitable to use as login.