Re: [squid-users] Sir Henric please give little information

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:19:24 +0100

fre 2006-12-08 klockan 05:09 -0800 skrev squid learner:
> Sir
> Thankyou for reply
> My problem is
> whenever the peer fails i get the information through
> cachemgr
> last failed to connect and the time

What I get in cache.log is

TCP connection to peername/port failed

repeated a number of times (default config 10 times) and then

Detected DEAD parent: peername

> even if three days i didnt restart proxy it didnt
> conect itself and it effect the speed of clients
> browsing

For me it reconnects pretty soon after connectivity has been restored,
provided there is traffic.

Detected REVIVED parent: peername

and traffic starts to flow to the peer again.