Re: [squid-users] Squid as interception proxy with pf

From: Agung T. Apriyanto <duppeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 22:49:01 -0800 (PST)

--- Ghislain Garçon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> PF is really filtering and not only squid : yes I
> have build pf
> integration with my freebsd kernel.
> If I look in squid's sources, there is a problem
> with these
> declarations. I don't known how to test IPNAT_NAME
> or IPL_NAT
>
> #ifdef IPNAT_NAME
> natfd = open(IPNAT_NAME, O_RDONLY, 0);
> #else
> natfd = open(IPL_NAT, O_RDONLY, 0);
> #endif
>
> I looked in kernel sources... and it's look like the
> lines above open
> a device created by ipfilter... but pf doesn't need
> ipfilter in order
> to work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ghislain

seems that somehow your squid was looking for IPF ?
but you said earlier that you've enabled
pf-transparent while compiling squid ? it should
looking for /dev/pf if you enable-pf-transparent

btw was the problem same for 3.0 and 2.6S5 ? because
you also said that you've tried both version in
earlier email

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com