Re: [squid-users] FTP Proxy ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:45:23 +0100

ons 2006-12-13 klockan 15:55 +0200 skrev Dave Raven:
> Hi,
> Is squid able to properly proxy ftp - e.g. support uploads and
> authentication through a web browser (like IE), or just downloads? I did do
> some googling but most of my findings were older

Squid supports ftp:// uploads using the HTTP PUT method, but very few
clients supports uploads via HTTP proxies such as Squid..

Netscape 4.x did support this.

MSIE has never supported it.

Mozilla & Firefox seems to have forgot how to do it.

The others I don't know or don't remember their status..

Authenticed FTP is also well supported by Squid, both in the RFC
standard format ftp://user:password@host/ and in an extended format
ftp://user@host/ where Squid will initiate a Basic HTTP authentication
to complete the credentials. But just as for uploads the browser support
varies greatly..