[squid-users] Certain sites (mainly java) causing problems

From: Terry Dobbs <terry.dobbs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:30:08 -0500

Hi All,

I have been using squid for about 2 years and it has been working fairly
well. We run a transparent proxy with NTLM authentication. The only
headaches I get are when users are using certain websites. Sites that use
java (such as banking sites, shipping sites, etc...) often cause these
problems. The users get a prompt box asking for their credendtials, I can
make this go away by setting up an ACL for each dstdomain but sometimes the
websites are using external java applets. Another common problem when
accessing these sites is I get a blank page and then about 2 minutes later
the page loads.

I was wondering if many people are experiencing these types of issues, and
what they have done to get around them?

Thanks for any help.