Re: [squid-users] Need instructions to upgrade squid

From: pujo mulyono <pudjo26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:41:04 -0800 (PST)

if you under linux, you can do these step with only few seconds downtime
(depends on your squid.conf) :

1. ./configure
2. make
3. shutdown squid (squid -k shutdown)
4. make install
5. start squid (squid -D)

there is no need to change any configuration file.
hope this can help you

--- "Agrawal, Devendra (Indust, PTL)" <devendra.agrawal@penske.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for instructions to upgrade squid Version 2.5.STABLE8 to
> squid-2.5.STABLE12. Does it has to be a fresh install of new version or
> it is possible to keep the current configuration (like squid.conf and
> other configuration files) intact even after installing the new version?
>

> Thanks ,
>
> Devendra Agrawal

regards,
Pudjo Mulyono