Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy on Mail Server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:10:39 +0100

tis 2006-12-19 klockan 13:30 -0800 skrev Milli Gurung:

> I'm giving a scenario below and would like to know if its possible to
> configure Squid as a reverse proxy server for Open Exchange Email Server.

Should work. Never tried, but it works fine for Microsoft Exchange OWA..
(or at least did so last time I tried, hasn't tried the last versions of
OWA).

IF you have problems check your Squid access.log and cache.log, and if
using MSIE also remember to disable "Show friendly HTTP error messages"
in the advanced settings as MSIE otherwise blinds you on any errors.
Microsoft seems to think the average users can not survive seeing actual
error messages on their screen..

Note: Microsoft OWA has some special requirements if using MSIE, due to
their use of WebDAV to perform some folder operations. For this reason
Squid-2.6 is strongly recommended when trying to reverse-proxy OWA.

If nothing ends up in your access.log then the traffic is not even
reaching your reverse proxy and the problem is elsewhere. Check the URL
used, firewall rules and http_port settings in squid.conf.