[squid-users] Re: Need some Information

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:19:54 +0100

lör 2006-12-23 klockan 02:09 +0200 skrev Christos Petrides:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I would appreciate if you could help me to resolve an issue with my
> squid version 2.5 stable 14.

Upgrade. Current version is 2.6.STABLE5.

> I have installed Dansguardian and I can not use the squid ACL due to the
> fact the all request are coming as localhost.

An alternative which many use is to run

 squid -> dansguardian -> squid.

This way you have the full flexibility of Squid access controls, ability
to select which side of DansGuardian you cache on, and full
functionality.

At tje cost of slightly more overhead than just using one Squid
instance..

> Is there a release that includes the X_Forward functionality?

Suqid-2.6.