[squid-users] Yet Another "Can't Open Website"

From: Dave Rhodes <DaveRhodes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:09:16 -0500

I have a problem opening www.specialized.com using squid 2.6 Stable5 on
SUSE 10.1 X86-64 on an HP DL320 3.2GHz with 4GB RAM and 100GB HDD (RAID
10). The squid config is fairly vanilla as the server is in it's
infancy (as am I to squid). After some fairly extensive testing and
searching (FAQs, google, this list, etc.) it appears that the site may
require an HTTP/1.1 function that squid does not yet support. I'd like
to, first of all, verify that with this group and 2nd, if not, see if
anyone has any suggestions.

An oddity is that if I drop the www, I get the first page (thought at
first it might be DNS but !DNS). Also, if I set my IE to use HTTP/1.0
to a proxy, I get the first page. HTTP/1.1 to proxy gives garbage or a
blank page. Note: If you get the first page, you have to choose a
region to get the failure, it just kinda stops downloading the page.

With just a 20 user test group, everything else seems to be working
fine.

Access log just shows connect with a miss and 200. I blocked caching to
try to circumvent the problem so there's nothing useful in the cache
log. The site does branch to a script running on another site
(akamai.net) which could have something to do with the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Dave Rhodes