Re: [squid-users] Force the caching of 302 responses without Expires header.[squid 2.5]

From: Hemant Bist <hemant_bist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:20:17 -0800

Hi,
I understand that it is requirement of HTTP protocol and in general
this would be very bad
idea. Here is why I need it.

This squid proxy is meant to be used only by my application. The
external webserver (my
application is using) uses 302 response as a cache busting technique.
I want to load test my application but not load the web server. Here
is a typical conversation
between my application (MyApp) and Webserver.

MyApp ---> GET http://webeserver?query=sample --- >Webserver

Webserver ---> REDIRECT to
http://webserver/performquery?query=sample&rand=<a_random_number>
--->MyApp

MyApp --->GET http://webserver/performquery?query=sample&rand=123 ---> WebServer

Myserver ---> OK (Actual answer to the query) --->MyApp.

For my load testing, if I can force cache the 302 response, and force
cache 200 response then MyApp would not be hitting the webserver
mercilessly.

Thanx,
HB