[squid-users] R: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] Reverse proxy on Mail Server: mini-howtoo

From: Reale Marco <Marco.Reale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:58:50 +0100

Happy New Year Henrik!

I apologize if I didn't reply to you but I'm just come-back from
holidays.....
Reading your last reply now it is a little clear to me but before
starting the adventure I would like to reassume the needed steps...and
this could be already a mini-howtoo :)))

1) Squid configuration (from previous reply):

http_port 80 defaultsite=the.public.hostname cache_peer ip.of.owa 80 0
no-query originserver

extension_methods RPC_IN_DATA RPC_OUT_DATA

should do it.

the.public.hostname is the hostname clients request from the Internet.

2) SSl Certificate generation

The simplest method for creating a self-signed certificate for OpenSSL
is to run

  openssl req -new -x509 -out selfsigned.pem -keyout key.pem -nodes
-days 365

and answer the simple questions asked by OpenSSL.

If you want to be able to request a real certificate from a CA then use
the following instead

  openssl req -new -out request.pem -keyout key.pem -nodes

  openssl req -x509 -in request.pem -out selfsigned.pem -key key.pem

then send request.pem to the CA of your choice requesting a "real"
certificate, and use selfsigned.pem until the CA process is completed..

3) Squid certificate handle
I suppose I also need:
- to copy the certificate under etc
mv key.* /usr/local/squid/etc/
- to instruct Squid about certificate with a directive like this:
https_port 443 cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/key.crt \
key=/usr/local/squid/etc/key.key

This should be enought. Is it all correct?
Thanks