Re: [squid-users] NTLM auth keeps asking for password.

From: Craig Van Tassle <cvantassle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:07:52 -0600

*snip*
By "on line" do you mean the FAQ
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ProxyAuthentication#head-1d6e24e071a1a5e65f112d9a96cdf1320684a8f2)?
If so, did you test the helper as the cache_effective_user? When
prompted for authentication, were you prompted for the Windows domain,
or did you include it?
*/snip*

I had tried with out the domain and and with the domain.
After the first attempt it included the domain.

*snip*

    http_access allow internal_src

This would allow internal_src computers to surf without authenticating.
Perhaps what you are trying to do.
*/snip*

That was done so the uses could get access to the net while I was fixing
this. I actually switch the

    #http_access deny !auth
    always_direct allow internal_dst

Seeing as you don't have any cache_peers assigned, this is not going to
do what you expect.

Sorry for the late reply. My email host decided to lose a bunch of mail for me.

Thanks