Re: [squid-users] child cache peer and google

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:42:09 +0100

tor 2007-01-04 klockan 13:57 +0100 skrev Wolfgang Fürtbauer:
> We are running a child chache in Hong Kong which is connected to our main
> squid in Austria
>
> Now if Hong Kong users browse Google, they are directed to google.at
>
> How can I prevent that?

To google it looks like the request came from .at so they want the
google.at service to be used..

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=873&topic=8995

If your Hong Kong location also have an internet connection then you
could allow them to go direct out to Internet in Hong Kong for access to
Google. This will make Google return the correct content for Hong Kong
users..

Or you could instruct Squid to redirect http://www.google.com/ to
http://www.google.com/webhp/ defaulting to the English version, but not
sure your Hong Kong users will like that.. Such redirection can be done
either via the url_rewriter interface or via deny_info.