Re: [squid-users] Need to redirect traffic of www.hi5.com to a different parent proxy

From: Manoj Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:24:41 +0545 (NPT)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:

> Dear Manoj,
>
> I have solved this problem by redirecting the traffic of the proxy
> server to another proxy server which can access the www.hi5.com site.
>
> I am using Squid-2.5 right now. I plan to upgrade to Squid-2.6 when
> FreeBSD-6.2 gets released.
>
> However, since I redirected the hi5.com traffic to another proxy
> server, I have had no problems.
>
> I just added the lines below in my squid.conf:
>
> acl viaServer3 dstdomain .hi5.com
> cache_peer_access Server3.com.np allow viaServer3
> never_direct allow viaServer3
>

> Hope it works for you too since it is working for me :)

Thanks Tek for your input. As we use single cache (no peers), I've
bypassed this cache for hi5.com and is now being cached by another cache
(squid2.5S10) at our upstream facility, and it works from there. my
concern is that this error is difficult to reproduce and have not found
any definitive pattern and only solution so far is to use another cache
server that works with the site or bypass the caching totally. It would be
really great if someone could come up with a solid reasoning/solution for
it.

Thanks anyway.

--
Manoj Rajkarnikar