[squid-users] Trailing Slash / Using Reverse Proxy

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:44:56 -0500

I'm using Squid 2.6 in reverse proxy / accelerator mode and IIS 6.0 as
the back end web server. We are having a problem with trailing slashes
not working through Squid but working through IIS.

Request for https://www.exmaple.com will add the trailing slash going
through both Squid and IIS -> https://www.example.com/

But

Request for https://www.example.com/test will not work through Squid but
IIS will add the trailing slash https://www.example.com/test/

Going through Squid the browser receives "The page cannot be displayed"
with the address as http://10.10.1.108/test/ The IP address is the
internal IP address of the IIS web server and the request changed from
https to http.

What do I need to do so that the trailing slash is added to the end of a
URL when using a sub directory and going through Squid? Thanks for any
help.

Brad