Re: [squid-users] Authentication problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 02:12:57 +0100

mån 2007-01-08 klockan 12:19 -0500 skrev Nick Duda:

> First off, 2.6 did fix my problems, so thanks again. The problem I have
> now is we decided to use SmartFilter by Secure Computing which fixes all
> the ACL issues I have. The only problem is that they only support up to
> 2.5stable13 (they say 2.6 by Q2 this year). I've tried to use it with
> 2.6 and it's a no go.

Sorry, no help there. Can't support "vendor" modified Squid versions
where the vendor of the modifications does not provide source.

> Is there anyway to load via a patch the fixes that allow NTLM to work
> (as in my older post below) with 2.5stable13? We really want to use
> SmartFilter right away but this running only on 2.5stable13 is a real
> bummer.

You are welcome to try backporting this. All the changes is at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/changesets/ (look for
connection pinning) but it's probably not going to be easy.. certainly
not with the SmartFilter modifications also in the mix..

I think it will be easier and more productive to forward-port the
SmartFilter changes.. Doing so would also give you valuable insight into
just how modified your SmartFilter Squid really is.