[squid-users] Squid-2.6 + tproxy

From: Sekar <sekarit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:46:12 +0530

Hello all,

We have configured squid-2.6STABLE5 with linux TPROXY and loaded the
required kernel modules and set the iptables rules.

When the squid configuration is as given blow, we get an error message
on the cache.log ( 2007/01/10 19:08:16| tproxy
ip=172.16.1.27,0x1b0110ac,port=0 ERROR ASSIGN) and the sourc IP of the
proxy is not changed, (the outgoing connection still has the IP of the
proxy and not the client IP).

    http_port 3128 tproxy transparent
    http_access allow all

But when we add the squid directive "tcp_outgoing_address" to <proxy
IP>, then it takes long time and finally connection timedout.

We have set the following kernel parameters
    ip_forward 1
    ip_nonlocalbind 1
also we have tried disabling the rp_filter, but still we are not getting
the client IP address as the source address of the requests going out of
the proxy.

We did not see any good information from /var/log/messages or dmesg.

If someone could help me to fix the issue it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-sekar

Is there any wrong configuration in my squid.conf.

Than