[squid-users] DNS, IE6 and Proxy Exception List

From: Timothy Bushart <BusharT@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:22:20 -0500

Question about Squid- We're running Squid, AD Group policy forces IE on
our clients to use proxy. We have some exceptions to bypass the proxy
pushed down with the same policy. What were noticing is that if the
exception includes an ip address, and the client types in the URL for
the web site using the host name that resolves to that ip, but not the
actual ip, the proxy isn't bypassed. When the host name is type and
resolved to the IP (I think it uses squids dns, not the dns configured
on the workstation) IE isn't smart enough to realize that the ip is on
the exception list to be bypassed. Is the as designed?

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
the Internet at www.amc.edu.