[squid-users] Reverse Proxy SSL

From: Chatham Will Ctr AFCCC/SCO <Will.Chatham.ctr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:33:49 -0500

Hi, I'm getting in over my head a little and am hoping someone can help
straighten me out.

Scenario:

WWW<--SSL-->[Squid 2.26 Reverse Proxy]<--SSL-->[Apache web server]

I have read in the Wiki that I may need to do some sort of SSL tunneling
to achieve the above scenario. True?

Or is it possible for Squid to listen for traffic from the www on
80/443, then connect to the internal web server using SSL on another
port, such as 8443?

I am under a requirement that I can only cross the firewall on port 443
with SSL, and that everything sent to the clients is over SSL as well,
so I am hoping that will not be my undoing here, and that there is in
fact a way...

Any information helping along this path would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Will Chatham