Re: [squid-users] Squid2.6 Reverse Proxy question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:41:18 +0100

lör 2007-01-13 klockan 16:58 +0800 skrev Tin:

> May I know how to let real http servers see the client's IP (for php access
> control) in reverse proxy mode ? do squid2.6 have this feature?

Squid always sends the client IP in the X-Forwarded-For header,
available to PHP and other scripting languages.

In Squid-2.6 there is also the Linux TPROXY option which can preserve
the original source IP at the packet level. Requires Squid to run as
"router" between the Internet and the web server, either directly or
indirectly via special support in your router (i.e. WCCP or policy
routing).